Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Inquiring if I am experiencing CPU failure  (Read 9977 times)

trimarco52

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Inquiring if I am experiencing CPU failure
    « Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 08:57:54 AM »
    Hi Allen,

Well I will try your Idea 1st and if it does not work then maybe I will try a cheap PCI Card.

Thank You for the quick Response

Have a Nice Day !

Sincerely,
    Steven F. Trimarco

trimarco52

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Inquiring if I am experiencing CPU failure Mesaage to Allen
      « Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 07:44:18 AM »
      Hi Allen,

Well I Installed a 3/2 drive and try installing the programs and at first it seem to be working with the 1st program I installed which I was happy about, but trying the program a 2nd time I would once aging get a quick flashing black screen and revert back to the desktop.

So now I am going to dry to buy an old pci card and see if that works. All I know for right now they did work with the original video card until it failed.

If you come up with any suggestion please let me know or if you know support group for software issue that might be helpful as well.

Have a Good Day !

Sincerely,
      Steven F. Trimarco

trimarco52

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Inquiring if I am experiencing CPU failure Update on continuing issues
        « Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »
        Hi Allen,

Well I had tried using the Windows XP compatibility Wizard and I had no success accept once the program worked but when I went back to try my granddaughter educational game it no longer worked.

This is driving me crazy why would work one moment then not the next ? All I know they all worked  before their video card failed and now with the new one it does not want to work. So I will try to get another card and hopefully it will work better.

By the way the video card that I put in their computer was a Geforce 8400 GS and if anyone knows how to get this video card to work with these older programs I would appreciate anyone suggestions.

Sincerely,
        Steven F. Trimarco