Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New wireless keyboard / mouse combo  (Read 2295 times)

steely dan

Topic Starter

New wireless keyboard / mouse combo
    « on: March 31, 2010, 09:48:04 AM »
    My old Logitec keyboard / mouse combo gave up and I was convinced it was the bluetooth dongle. I purchased a new MK300 combo and went to set it up but have found that when my dell PC powers up and goes into user selection page I cannot get the new combo to connect/ operate  to/ with  the PC and therefore cannot select any user  to get into a mode that I configure the combo. I have checked the new combo on my Dell inspiron laptop and the keyboard and mouse operate OK. I have also tried a wired mouse and keyboard on the PC and again I cannot get any pointer movement at the user selection stage . I'm at a loss to think how I can get the mouse to operate and thus allow me to get into operational mode .
    The Dell PC is running XP 2005
    The old combo has been disposed of so I cannot use it to get running.
    Thanks in advance .

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: New wireless keyboard / mouse combo
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 09:51:43 AM »
    Check bios for a setting that supports USB at boot. You may need to use a ps2 keyboard to get into the bios.

steely dan

Topic Starter

Re: New wireless keyboard / mouse combo
      « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »
      Used a ps2 keyboard and managed to get into BIOS on start up .Unfortunatly when in BIOS and being offered options including safe Mode ,the arrow keys are not working and I therefore cannot scroll to any of these options and select!!!!!