Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Purple lines. New computer :'(  (Read 3744 times)

Sladen

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Purple lines. New computer :'(
    « on: April 09, 2010, 05:38:17 AM »
    Hai.

I have recently bought a new computer and within about half an hour of setting up the display suddenly froze and cut off into about 8 sections with vertical purple/black/white lines going across every other section I have reinstalled my monitor, my wireless mouse and keyboard, windows live and then finally Windows 7.

I called Zoostorm about my problem and they told me they'd get back to me on Monday. He said something about a driver but trailed off.  >:(

My old computer was very old and it just gave out one day. I have been looking forward to using brand spanking new OS and general computer with more than 50 GB space on the hard drive. This has completely crashed all my hopes. Could anyone suggest a solution?

Processor : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  E3300 @ 2.50Ghz
    Installed Memory (RAM) : 2.00 GB
    System type : 64-bit Operating system.

Please help? I feel as if some cruel trick is being played.  :-[

EEVIAC

Re: Purple lines. New computer :'(
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 05:52:16 AM »
    I'd return it... But in the mean time, we may be able to conjure something up for you..

What's the make/model of the computer ?

Is it using a video card or does it have video built into the motherboard ?

Sladen

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 06:10:36 AM »
      Zoostorm Dual Core E3300 79104209

Internal.
      Intel (R) G41 Express Chipset

I'm very unimpressed by the support I've had from Zoostorm. Glad I bought that warranty.  :-\

EEVIAC

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 06:19:44 AM »
      I'm very unimpressed by the support I've had from Zoostorm.

It's typical of some companies.

I was going to suggest re seating the video card, but yours is internal. 

Do you have another monitor you can attach to the computer ?  It would help determine whether the problem is your monitor OR motherboard/power supply.  Trying another monitor cable might do the trick, if another monitor doesn't cut it..

You can also open the computer and disconnect/reconnect the power connectors that attach to the motherboard..

EEVIAC

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »
      While your inside the computer, pull your ram out and re seat it, as well. 

By the way, how many ram modules are installed ?  Your make/model description was a little vague.  You listed the Make, and then the processor model..

Sladen

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 06:36:21 AM »
        Plugged in my ancient monitor. Usually it happens if I open Windows Live or Browse too quickly. Hasn't done it yet. > <;

You're a genius. I'm going to swap the wires over and see if me new monitor works with me old monitor cable.

Excuse my stupidity but does this mean there's something wrong with my monitor/monitor cable so I've been on the phone to the wrong company?

EEVIAC

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 06:40:19 AM »

You're a genius.

ahhh, don't mention it.   ;D

Excuse my stupidity but does this mean there's something wrong with my monitor/monitor cable

yes        One of the two...

Sladen

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 07:01:18 AM »
          By the way, how many ram modules are installed ?  Your make/model description was a little vague.  You listed the Make, and then the processor model..

Not too sure how to find out those things.  :-\

Went to swap the monitor cables only to find my previous monitor so old it's connected internally. xD

I have reconnected my new monitor to my computer and checked everything is connected properly in hope I didn't connect them properly the first time. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all your help.

EEVIAC

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 07:17:30 AM »
          Not too sure how to find out those things.  :-\

don't worry about it, now.  It's not relevant. 

You're welcome

Sladen

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 07:49:12 AM »
            don't worry about it, now.  It's not relevant.

I think it mght be now.  :-[

New monitor had the same problem. Called the manufacturer and they're sending me a new one.
            I plugged in my old one and began using that only for it to happen to that too. Joy.

Back to the drawing board.  ???

EEVIAC

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 07:58:25 AM »
            I wouldn't mess with it anymore.  It just occurred to me that if you open the computer case it could void the warranty..