Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Activating Windows XP SP3 OEM version, is there any hope for me?  (Read 2354 times)

Sophie.annelies

Topic Starter

Rookie

I'm trying to re-install my genuine copy of OEM Windows XP, but it won't activate. Apparently you can't install OEM twice, is there a way around this? I don't want to have to download a non-legit XP when I already have a copy. Could I just download a crack for this one?
    Thanks!

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Activating Windows XP SP3 OEM version, is there any hope for me?
    « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 03:12:46 AM »
    Quote from: Sophie
    I don't want to have to download a non-legit XP when I already have a copy. Could I just download a crack for this one?

Oopsie Sophie, you better read the rules before a mod shuts you down.
    Quote from: From CH Rules
    We will not help with making an illegal or invalid installation of Windows work. You need to get a legitimate key from Microsoft.
    To activate Windows go to the Microsoft Product Activation website and follow the instructions to activate Windows or call Microsoft at 1-866-PCSAFETY (1-866-727-2338)

Extracted from http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,58736.0.html

Good luck.
    One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Azzaboi

Apprentice
    • Aaron's Game Zone
      • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Activating Windows XP SP3 OEM version, is there any hope for me?
    « Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 03:23:13 AM »
    Just ring up Microsoft and yell at one of those little robots at the other end to fix it, they are use to the abuse of failed activations among other things. :)

OEM backup is on the harddrive itself, find the \i386 directory on the harddrive or your cdrom and run winnt.exe to install.

On a holographic label with the OEM versions purchased with a piece of hardware will be the key to use.

Activation is usually done over the internet if the computer is connected to the internet, otherwise, it can be accomplished by copying the alphanumeric string from the activation screen and make a phone call to the phone number [Usually Toll Free] supplied on screen.

Any major hardware changes will kill the activation and it will have to be redone.
    Aaron's Game Zone
    The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade