Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't change desktop shortcut Icons.  (Read 3112 times)

Dwayne Austin

Topic Starter

Beginner

Can't change desktop shortcut Icons.
    « on: April 06, 2010, 07:15:26 AM »
    Hi I just recently installed Windows 7on my computer.  I am trying to personalize the desktop and had downloaded a few icons for my shortcuts and changed them with no problem.  When I shut down the computer and rebooted the next day these icons were gone and just left the generic icon .  I cannot change them back. When I go into change icon off the properties tab It shows that its changed but on the desktop it is not.  Any ideas on the problem and how to fix this.

Thanks

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Can't change desktop shortcut Icons.
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »
    Are you clicking "Apply" ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dwayne Austin

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:38:49 AM »
      Yes I am clicking apply.

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
      When you change the icons are you re-freshing the desktop? I doubt this is the issue but we have to start somewhere.

Dwayne Austin

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 06:36:27 AM »
        the first night I shut down and started up in the morning the icons were gone and I could not even re change them.  The next day I tried again and they would change.  I shut down again that night and they were gone again the next morning but again would change.  the third night I shut down and the next morning they were still there so it looks like whatever the problem was it righted itself but I have no idea what it was.  I will post in a couple of days for an update.