Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: conect the internet not responding  (Read 3316 times)

shazel

conect the internet not responding
« on: July 11, 2005, 06:36:41 AM »
when i try the conect to the internet
a long time password verifying and got the message

PPP parameter negotiation did not succeed because the local and remote computers did not agree on a common set of parameters. Contact your system administrator to verify the configuration of network protocols such as TCP/IP or IPX. Also, your system administrator can enable PPP logging by using the Netsh.exe utility, which may help identify the PPP negotiation problem.

i try two or three time then conect the internet
i am useing windows xp service pack 2

Raptor

Re: conect the internet not responding
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 07:37:30 AM »
Obtain configuration instructions from your Internet Service Provider. You most likely failed to properly configure the modem.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 07:37:43 AM by Raptor »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 06:19:11 PM »

<----- Agrees with Raptor.

Shazel:

Were you ever able to connect to the Internet through this ISP, or is this the first time you've attempted to do so?

If you were able to connect prior to this failure, what has changed?  Did you add a new hardware device or install a new program or change some Windows settings?  

Let us know,
Doc

shazel

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 06:29:30 PM »
i install the xp on few days ago, and i got the message avery time then conect the internet,
and how can i
                       start>
                                  settings>
                                                  control panel>
                                                                             add or remove programs>
add/remove windows components>
                                                          networking services
and check the simple TCP/IP services
or not
please tell me
shazel

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 06:44:48 PM »
Shazel:

Well, as Raptor stated, your problem is with the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), which is a way to connect your computer to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) so you may access the Internet.  If you don't have the correct configuration settings provided by your ISP, you will not be able to connect to the Internet through your ISP.  These settings often include a user name and password and other security settings.

When you reinstalled Windows XP, these settings were likely changed.  Two ways to change them back:

1. Call your ISP and have them talk you through making the correct changes yourself.

2. Use the installation CD provided by your ISP to reinstall your their software and PPP configuration.

Regards,
Doc

shazel

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 08:12:36 PM »
i junst found the ace utilities 5 is disturb my internet conection.
and some time this utility very very slow the internet.
are i am right??
shazel

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 08:21:45 PM »
Shazel:

Try disabling Ace Utilities 5 to find out.  If you are able to connect to the Internet, then the program may be causing the problem.  

Does the program start every time you start your computer?

Doc

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 04:02:30 AM »
You should obtain instructions from your ISP.