Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Zero Configuration  (Read 2261 times)

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Wireless Zero Configuration
    « on: April 08, 2010, 04:23:38 AM »
    Hey all ,

Im having issues with my wireless at the moment , i cant seem to figure out why this is happening but i will do my best to explain.

The WZC needs to be disabled while im gaming online , or i get Latency spikes every 60 seconds that last for 5 seconds , i used to be able to disable it for around a hour , then my internet would disconnect and i need to Enable it manually for it to reconnect me , then disable it again once i go back into game. The routine goes like this.

Call of duty.exe

Locate server

Connect

Alt/Tab

Services.Msc

Disable WZC

Alt/Tab back into Game

I used to have to do that everyone hour , if i didn't , i would completely loose connection to the internet and loose my score in game , which is so frustrating!

I found a batch file what saved me the effort of having to go into services and do it all manually , but its still a pain , and im getting disconnected every 4 minutes now once WZC is disabled! It used to go for about a hour before my net would shut down completely!

Im using a Wireless USB stick G , to connect to sky broadband , the router is virtually right next to me! If i had a Ethernet port that worked i would connect that way , but i dont.

Windows XP pro SP2 is up to date , All appropriate drivers installed , and a cleann scan from Avria and Malwarebytes.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

tsarles

Rookie
      Re: Wireless Zero Configuration
      « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:21:37 AM »
      I would reformat, as it could be a lot of things. I would get XP SP3 and update all drivers if trying to avoid a reformat.

Your wireless adapter may have it's own client software that replaces WZC.

You might also run netstumbler or something to make sure there isn't interference on the channel your using for the wifi signal.
      A+, Net+, Security+, AS Degree
      Property of TeamLogic IT
      http://www.teamlogicit.com/businesses/monroevillepa801