Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: OS won't boot  (Read 2532 times)

wurzelzed

OS won't boot
« on: April 10, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »
Hi, I built a system and used it for a year before this problem came up. When I turn it on it doesn't go to the desktop. I get the BIOS screen and then the screen that shows the PCI Device Listings and then the Windows Error Recovery screen. When I hit Start Windows Normally it goes to a black screen that says Microsoft Corp. and has a green bar that is scrolling. then it shows a line that says
!! 0xc0000034 !! 3600/53049 (x86_microsoft-windows-smartcardsubsystem_...)
this screen blinks and nothing more happens. I have to hold the power button to get it to shut down. Any help would be appreciated.
My components are:
EVGA nForce 680i LT SLI mb
Intel Core 2 Quad cpu
Ultra X2 550w PS
4Gb Crucial Ram
XFX 8600 GTS video card
Soundblaster X-Fi soundcard
Maxtor 200Gb HD

EEVIAC

Re: OS won't boot
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 01:51:07 AM »
Open up the case, leaving it plugged in..

Power on the computer and check if all fans are spinning, and listen for any weird sounds... awkward clicks, squealing sounds, and such..

If anything is unusual, post back with that info.

If not, power off the computer, leaving the case open... Reseat the ram modules, video card and all PSU connectors and reboot the computer... Is there improvement ?

EEVIAC

Re: OS won't boot
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 02:36:15 AM »
In your next post, could you please include the VERY LONG part # of the ram modules you're using...  For example:   Crucial BL2KIT12864AL804

edit: be sure you unplug the computer, before you reseat everything!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 03:04:41 AM by EEVIAC »