Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: question about XP Home, operating system disk's  (Read 2242 times)

Fordtruckmaniac

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
question about XP Home, operating system disk's
« on: April 11, 2010, 12:15:37 PM »
Does a OEM holographic XP Home SP1 disk contain the exact same information as a HP Operating System Disk  (that would come in the set of Hewlit Packard's system recovery disk's) , that is labled XP Home SP1.

I wondered if the HP disk maybe, was not as complete, file wise, as the OEM disk.

Just curious.
 Fordtruckmaniac

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: question about XP Home, operating system disk's
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
No, Recovery CD's are different and only applicable to a particular computer.  They are complete, but only for that computer.  Maybe more complete, since they contain the proper drivers.

Fordtruckmaniac

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: question about XP Home, operating system disk's
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 12:48:18 PM »
well, I have seen the HP disk be used as a stand alone ( not the extra bloat added) reinstall of the OS, the drivers were on seperate disks. And another disk with Norton , Adobe, etc.  On a raw hard drive it booted and installed just like a Microsoft disk.

The product key on the case was used, all activated fine. Runs fine.

I noticed, when you click the green start button, the menu box rises, there did not seem to be as many programs on the right side  (from My Documents on down) , or what ever you would call them, listed there, as in mine, which was loaded with a holographic OEM disk.

That just made me wonder about the files on both disks, or lack of. ???

thanks
 Fordtruckmaniac