Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RAID 0  (Read 5167 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: RAID 0
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 09:52:25 AM »
Benchmarks are meaningless unless properly taken.

One drive can operate twice as fast as another of the exact same model, and both can still be within manufacturing specs.One benchmark chart can be completely different from another, but both can be completely accurate. My point is not th consider such benchmarks at such a fine granularity or to go through them with a fine tooth comb; statistics are meaningless when the method to gather that data is flawed.

Also, <who> "certifies" the drives for RAID?
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 08:39:30 AM »
The RAIDmeister....of course.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Eric1611

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »
    BC_Programmer thanks for explaining RAID,it`s not totally clear but a lot clearer for me!
    I don`t know if you can help me but I would love to know how to use and what to buy for my drives.I run a Software-Studio(Pro-Tools) and now "they" tell me I have to run my Pro-Tools from one drive and my plug-ins,software instruments and samples from an other drive.One drive has to start up a lot for quick loads.
    Is a very fast(expensive)drive allways better.What`s the best drive and drive "system" for sale ? If you can help I`d be gratefull.
                                  Thanks;Eric.

(I`m Dutch so I might have made some mistakes !). :)
    Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want - and their kids pay for it.
    Richard Lamm.