Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System Recovery CD will not install  (Read 2037 times)

hungpham

System Recovery CD will not install
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:45:16 PM »
I did call Sony to see I they can help me,  they can for a fee that I do not have or want spend, I would like to learn how to fix the problem myself  with ComputerHope and the people. I have a 2002 Sony Vaio PVC-RX650 Desktop computer with Windows Xp Home edition,512MB ram , 80GB hard drive. It run good until 2weeks ago, when I got broadband before that I used to have dial up so I have never update my windows and I did not know that I was supposed to until now,  after that,  I've download AVG free virus and discover that I have 4 trojans horses and other dangerous objects in my computer so I did what recommend it was to get rid of it , couples of day later I got pop up message from AVG that I have more dangerous object so I got rid of it as recommend.
Now when I go to start my computer I  have Error message pop up not knowing that I could have got that error message fix if I have known there is a website that I could have gotten help from, like ComputerHope. 
I thought I put the System Recovery CD in it would fix my computer it delete my hard drive and 20 second into the Recovery process An Error message pop up it read: Disk access: sense operation failed and that stop the install process. Now when I turn on my computer there a message that read: Missing os with blinking cursor.
How can I get the System Recovery CD to install?
How can I test to see if the CD is good or bad? I have put the CD in the CD-drive and DVD-drive that I have on my computer same result on both.
Please advise me option that can do I would like to have this computer fixed and running good so I can let my son be on it without spending too much money on it.
Is it possible to isntall Windows 7on this computer ?  the way it is.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: System Recovery CD will not install
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:21:11 AM »
Well, I can't answer most of your post now (running late), but I will just say this, you will not be able to run windows 7 because your computer's RAM does not meet the minimum (which is too low anyway) criteria.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.