Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer turns off after 5 secs monitor not responding  (Read 2404 times)

jdkper

Topic Starter

computer turns off after 5 secs monitor not responding
    « on: April 13, 2010, 05:41:52 PM »
    Hello, can some one please help me , when i press the power on button it just lights up with no hdd thinking turns it self off after 5 seconds , now i am thinking it is the power suply because the fan is not spinning but every thing like the video card fan and cpu fan are spinning so i was also thinking that its over heating because of the thermal goo could be dried up ? ? my specs are gigabyte mobo 1.5Gb Ram 1Gb Gigabyte Graphics card and a standard 3.2 Mhz cpu nothing fancy but was working fine till i pulled the power out of the PSU one night to switch it off after it froze . . any advice would be much appreciated via here or e-mail [email protected]
    « Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:05:51 AM by patio »

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: computer turns off after 5 secs monitor not responding
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 05:51:57 PM »
    Please read this first-(click me)

List as much about your computer as possible....
    Don't post messages with any personal information such as personal e-mail address...

jdkper

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 06:04:17 PM »
      thanks commando for letting me know that . umm.. cant really tell you much more not sure i think its a intel 3.6Gz duo and i have 1 stick of 1Gb ram and one stick of 512 Ram lol but has never caused me probs in past GigaByte GA-8I945GZME-RH is whats on my mobo has a codegen 450W PSU thats about all can tell you . thanks

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »
      ...now i am thinking it is the power suply because the fan is not spinning...
      Power supply fan not spinning?  If it's clogged with dust, it'll overheat quickly and shut down.  I assume you don't have a spare psu?

Remove your email from your first post.  This forum doesn't do emails to answer questions.  When the mods spot it, they will remove it, if you don't.