Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sounds  (Read 3350 times)

FateWolf

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Sounds
    « on: April 14, 2010, 10:56:34 AM »
    Microsoft 7 os, brand new computer,
    700 power watt
     nvidia geforce 220
    500 sata hd
    asus mother board,
    4 gigs of ram,
    AIIX2 245
    in the morning when ever i boot up the pc, i get this loud grinding noise in which i proceed to shut down the computer at the first available window and then boot it up again. at this point it runs almost soundless for the rest of the day, i called tech, they said to check the inside to make sure all the cords and cards were pressed in completely, which i did, but noticed the connections in the back dont match up with the guard on the outside so the top connections are very hard to connect anything to, the mother board, at the top right near the drive seems to be missing a pin, but i'm not sure if thats how its supposed to be made

after removing a disc i found in there the loudest grinding noise stopped, but it still continues to make a grinding noise which does eventually stop close to logging in, the top of the case near the cdrom drive seems to be vibrating a little, which stops once the grinding does

Should i be worried? it is a new comp but the grinding does stop. is it harmful to my computer?

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Sounds
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »
    That could be a hard disk getting very close to crapping out on you.  Do you have a spare HDD that you can test with?
    Evil is an exact science.

FateWolf

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:31 PM »
      its brand new, and i've got the hd from my old computer, but i would need to know how to take it out

FateWolf

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »
        anyone else have any ideas?

Quantos

Guru
        • Veni, Vidi, Vici
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
        If that is a brand new computer making those noises I would suggest making use of your warranty.
        I assumed you meant it was a second drive, that you had installed, making those noises.
        Evil is an exact science.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 05:47:20 PM »
        And to verify it's the CD drive...which would be my main suspect disconnect the power cable from the optical drive and do multiple cold boots to see...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "