Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP restore issues  (Read 2653 times)

Timemaster315

Topic Starter

Starter

Windows XP restore issues
    « on: April 16, 2010, 07:17:58 PM »
    I have unfortunately a Hewlett Packard laptop PC and it's one of the same models that seems to be giving problems to many people. It has Windows XP Media center and came with recovery discs. I am trying to do a full recovery but ti seems to be taking foever. Is this normal for an HP the model is a dv 6108 core solo.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows XP restore issues
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:37:18 PM »
    As it's a somewhat dated machine the best thing you can do is let it try to finish....
    Let it run and be patient.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Timemaster315

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:39:23 PM »
      As it's a somewhat dated machine the best thing you can do is let it try to finish....
      Let it run and be patient.

I guess it's either that or just install XP and then the essential drivers. I did download them from HP's website.

I bought this PC from another person and they said they never did a system restore so they couldn't tell me if it was normal. I'll just do as you said and be patient. It looks like it will take about 5 hours to do a restore. Never had a PC that took nearly that long, but HP puts allot of uneeded garbage in their restore discs. Thanks for your response.

Timemaster315

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:42:42 PM »
        I've decided after the restore is done that I'm going to list it on Ebay. That's it for me and HP. Never again.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 06:23:40 AM »
        I can't say i blame you.
        However once its running you may want to DLoad and run Everest Home and post a system summary log...
        Perhaps with not much cabbage being spent you could speed the machine up a bit.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "