Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Facistic system?  (Read 4782 times)

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Facistic system?
    « on: April 16, 2010, 10:27:42 AM »
    So, I live in Belgium. Yep.

The educational system works like this, in there:

Students of highschool are classified and split into 3 groups:

- ASO
    - TSO
    - BSO

Summary:

- ASO: General studying. You get a packet of all general courses including languages and math.
              Purpose:  studying further to university when completed.

- TSO: Technical studying. These are the techs, including electricians, engineers, musicians, ..
              Purpose: Either further to university or get a job

- BSO: Retarded studying. These are the dumbest people you can find.
               Not necessarily are they dumb, but they put the people with the lowest marks/intelligence here.
               Math level in the 4th year (you are 15-16 years old then) of highschool in this part of the system is          adding, substracting, dividing.
               I've said enough.
               Purpose: go work immediately after highschool, because you just studied only one specific
               thing which was meant for you to get a job in it. Examples: painter, construction worker, drawing artist,
               wood worker, boat worker... in other words, the worst jobs out there. i.e. jobs for the 'big guys'.

This is how it works: you get into highschool, you start at ASO, if they find you didn't have such good grades (let's say you failed at 4 courses), they say 'hm, maybe it's better we put him in an education system that's less heavy on the theory'. So, they put him in TSO. However, did this young person get way too many bad grades in his first year (15 to 33 bad grades for example), they say, *censored* this guy is dumb. Let's put him with the retards. They put him in BSO.

My question to you fellas is,
    what if this 11 yo kid just get into highschool and was not mature enough to keep paying attention or care about his studies? What if he was slightly dyslexic, or needed logopedy assistance in order to study better? What if he was intelligent enough for ASO but he lacked maturity and thus failed so many courses his first year? What if he wasn't mature enough to understand the way books were structured? Guess what, now he is stuck there forever, with the retards.

Do you think it's fair for this kid to be blocked from university for the rest of his life unless he pays the government a big fat $$$ or gets into external exams from the government, seperately?

Do you know how this messes up the entire life!!!! of this kid? Once you are in BSO, you are never ever allowed, by anyone, by any school, ever anymore, into something higher (such as TSO,  ASO)!!. I believe this to be very discriminating!! It makes me angry. This is how they put low class people (read: not rich), politics wise (oh, let's put him with the dumber ones immediately) and foreigners immediately in the lowest class -> BSO. Yeah, it's all little politics. I know it. This is how snobby schools make sure foreigners don't get into the world mixed with their rich, snobby culture kids. Yes, you walk past an all-ASO-kids school, guess what you see? Ferrari's, convertibles, astor martin's, BMW last models... yeah, that's politics for you. That's racism for you aswell. *censored* bastards. It makes me furious.

What do you see in the more common community schools where everybody goes to? You see normal working parents with normal cars and normal people. They call this a democracy?! This is not a democracy!! I find it to be facism.

Is it fair to put kids in cages like this? Why can't they just put them all together in an all general class with general purpose studying? For God's sake! Is this a democratic system? To divide everyone by intelligence and grades?! Disgusting, that's what I say.

The poor kids get blocked from university straight away and get into a very bad lifestyle, where his classmates are thugs, people who don't care about studying, demotivated people, violent people.. all the worst guys together. Yeah, you don't wanna be studying with that kind of people. It doesn't particularly motivate you.

Is it fair to deprive someone of a decent education and give him a really crappy one instead?!
    And guess what!!! The pretty, rich boys and girls get to go to university!! Wow, democracy!!

Anyway..

Let me know your thoughts on this, if anyone.
    Just thought I'd tell you all what a horrible education system Belgium has.

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Facistic system?
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »
    Do you by any chance mean fascist?
    Evil is an exact science.

mr-bisquit

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »
     IQ is the ability to learn at a certain rate not the amount of knowledge or experience a person has amassed.
    Other people learn at different rates. one individual may have a learning disability in mathematics  yet be considered a genius in reading.

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
      Yes I mean fascist.

Still I don't think they should be divided into groups like this. Plain unfair.
      Not to mention it messes up thousands' of children's futures.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 04:08:41 PM »
      As much as I'd like to leave my post as it was, out of courtesy to the forum I'm deleting it.
      « Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:38:39 PM by Allan »

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »
      In Ontario, you have multiple CHOICES. Academic (including Gifted Cluster), Applied, and Locally Developed. You are never forced into which category you learn in, however they "reccomend" which structure you "should" go to within the first few weeks of taking a course.
      Where's MagicSpeed?
      Quote from: 'matt'
      He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »
        Erm Allan? You can say it in pm if you want.
        Yeah helpmeh that's how it should be here..

Salmon Trout

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 01:43:42 AM »
        I'm trying to guess which of the three streams Treval has been assigned to... I think I know the answer...

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 02:45:38 AM »
          That's very funny Salmon. No, I'm angry for the rest of the suckers who are assigned to that.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 03:08:16 AM »
          Erm Allan? You can say it in pm if you want.
          Heh, I think for your sake, no. ;)

mroilfield

Mentor
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 03:29:33 AM »
          Treval,

What happens if you put all the kids in the same grade in the same class room and expect to teach them all the exact same way???

Let me tell you what happens

The kids that learn faster get bored and are not challenged because the teacher has to go slower for the other kids. Therefore they don't reach their full potential.

The kids that learn at a normal rate are ok because the teacher is teaching more on their level as most students fit into this category.

The kids that take longer to learn are still getting left behind and aren't learning what they need to because the teachers don't have time to give them the extra attention they need.

While splitting these kids up isn't always an ideal solution and you can't possibly have a special kind of class for each kind of student most school systems tend to try and work it out the best they can. You will still have some students in each group that is struggling.

You can't fix Stupid!!!

Treval

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 05:44:44 AM »
            I still think that one shouldn't forbid to go back to a higher level once in the lower level.

'Allan; kpac are now ignored'

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 06:16:55 AM »
            Why on earth would I be PMing you anyway?

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
              • Yes
              • Yes
            • Experience: Familiar
            « Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 03:05:36 PM »
            The kids that learn faster get bored and are not challenged because the teacher has to go slower for the other kids. Therefore they don't reach their full potential.
            - Academic: Gifted Cluster
            The kids that learn at a normal rate are ok because the teacher is teaching more on their level as most students fit into this category.
            - Academic
            The kids that take longer to learn are still getting left behind and aren't learning what they need to because the teachers don't have time to give them the extra attention they need.
            - Applied or Locally Developed
            Where's MagicSpeed?
            Quote from: 'matt'
            He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.