Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AcerAspire 3680-2682 - No operating system, no hard drive found, missing drivers  (Read 5101 times)

HawnPinay

Topic Starter

Starter

Hi, I'm having so many problems w/my laptop. It is an Acer Aspire 3680-2682 w/Windows Vista Basic Home.

The problem started when my husband went to shut the laptop down. It had to manually be shut down w/the power button. When I restarted it the first error msg that appeared said, "Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error -Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need."

"If  problem continues disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode."

Technical Information  *** STOP:  0x0000007A  (0xE1238CA0,  0xc0000185,
                                                                                0xBF9043B6,  0x0E213860)
    win32k.sys - Address BF9043B6 base at BF800000, Date stamp 42435de9

There wasn't anything newly installed to our laptop, but I did just as recommended, which seem to make everything get worse after that.  I was no longer able to get into Safe Mode pressing F8 key, and a different error msg appeared  on a blue screen.                                              pg.1

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    You need to let us know exactly what it is you tried in an attempt to fix it...

PS. No matter how silly it sounds...be honest. That will get us there quicker.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "