Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Mail login problem  (Read 2112 times)

willythecat

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows Mail login problem
    « on: April 21, 2010, 01:29:48 AM »
    Not much to go on system detail wise but someone l know uses Windows Mail and was logged into their account.
    Then for some unknown reason (don't ask!) they had their whole computer system reloaded from scratch and now, when they try and login to Windows Mail, it says they can't because the account is already in use (by them!).
    I know that if you forget your password you can get this changed, but how do you get back in if you are technically still logged in already?
    Hope the above is general enough for someone to help.
    Regards

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows Mail login problem
    « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 08:26:48 PM »
    This doesn't make much sense.  I believe many email providers will automatically log off after some length of inactivity.

Most likely, this person can access their email account via web browser.  If they've never done this, they may need to contact their ISP for instructions.  I'm assuming this a POP mail account, since they are using Windows Mail.  It is, isn't it?

By accessing, or attempting to access, their email account via web browser, they should be able to confirm they are using the correct password.  If they can't logon this due to password error, they will know they need to reset their password. They can use the common Forgot my password link.