Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Major Issue! Please help.  (Read 2131 times)

Coss204

Topic Starter

Major Issue! Please help.
    « on: April 17, 2010, 05:45:42 PM »
    Hello all! I have a major issue with my parents computer and I'm trying to fix and require some help. I keep getting a windows security alert saying

"Application cannot be executed. The file ****** is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?"

I get this error every single time I try and open anything..I tried downloading a couple virus/spyware programs and i instantly get this message before I can even unzip the files. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Coss204

Topic Starter

Re: Major Issue! Please help.
      « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »
      Oh I forget to mention that they can't check their outlook express nor can they open "My computer" or "control panel"

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:46:41 PM »
      Go to this part of the forum. Read the articles by evil fantasy at the top.
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

Be patient, the experts are very busy but they will get to you soon.
      Be sure and read the articles before you post again. There is specific information you need to provide.Virus removal is not easy.Let the experts help you.

Rachel1786

Starter

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:39:50 PM »
        i had the same thing on my computer a week or so ago, i did a system restore and everything seemed to be ok, but now yesterday my computer started acting funny again(not the same as before) so maybe try a system restore and restore it to before the problems started, and hopefully you won't have any problems after that, but you might lol, sorry i'm not much help