Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen turns to "snow" watching flash videos online!  (Read 2728 times)

Celt86

Screen turns to "snow" watching flash videos online!
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:23:48 PM »
Hey. I have a very annoying problem with my computer that I want to be fixed, because it's making me nuts.

Everytime I watch a flash video online (eg. Youtube, Liveleak  etc) in full screen for a while(ranges from 5 minutes to 10 minutes, it varies alot), the screen turns to 'snow' and the video feed gets almost blurry. the only thing i can do to get out of full screen is to 'Esc' it out.
And when that is done, my mouse cursor doesnt have the right "position" anymore.

It's like there's a fake mouse cursor maybe an centimeter to the left of the one on screen.
So when I try to click, lets say, "X" on my internet browser to close it, I have to have my cursor a little to the right to hit it. I cant have the cursor ON the X because then the fake cursor would miss it.
If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I hope you understand what i'm trying to explain.

And if I don't 'Esc' out of the Full Screened flash video when it gets snowy and blurry, my screen turns black after 5-10 seconds and there's NO way to get the screen on again. My LCD-screen just goes to Standby. Lol. So I have to restart the computer manually.

And If I save myself from the screen going black, 'Esc'ing' myself out and decide to turn off my computer from the menu, my desktop background changes colors from the original picture to like pink, green and purple instead of the original red, blue, and black (I have a soccer logo on my desktop). All this happens while it shuts off, and it goes like normal. It just changes colors.

This happens on BOTH vista and XP (I have 2 hdd on my computer, xp and vista), and it's all the same.
So I guessed it was the video card, so I updated the drivers. No good lol. Didnt fix anything.

I'm out of ideas. If ANYONE has heard of someone struggling with this before, you know what i'm talking about.
I know this got complicated, but that's straight forward how it is.

Thanks for any help ComputerHope,

Jan
Norway

*It was badly explained, but what I meant was that i can watch a flash video in full screen ranging from 5-10 minutes before it gets snowy. It's just that I always know "that soon its gonna get snowy, because now I have watched this video for a couple minutes." Watching videos in normal size is fine. This happens only in full screen.

EEVIAC

Re: Screen turns to "snow" watching flash videos online!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:42:36 AM »
If the problem is occurring with both Vista and XP, I'd say the problem is either your power supply or the video card. 

What are the computer specs ?