Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to access wireless internet  (Read 2434 times)

jayjay27

Topic Starter

Trying to access wireless internet
    « on: April 23, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »
    Hey guys, i'm trying to acces my wireless internet through att's 2wire modem/router and eveytime i try my computer reboots?! When i look in my hardware profile its says my wireless card is disabled so when i try to enable it my computer restarts again!! So whats going on here?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Trying to access wireless internet
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 10:45:13 PM »
    Hello,
    Welcome to the Computer Hope forums. This is the best place for general computer questions.
    There are many here who will offer you some practical suggestions. But first they're going to ask you some questions about what you have and what you're trying to do.
    So I will start out, I'll make some guesses, and I might be guessing wrong so please fill in the blanks.
    First of all are you using a DSL connection?
    And if so, does the connection work okay when you go directly from the two wire wireless router to one of your computers? I would assume that it does.
    Now then, you have a portable computer, either a notebook, laptop or net book, and you're trying to use the WiFi to get into the two wire router. No?
    Okay, I get it. You have another desktop computer and you step some kind of wireless card into it and you can get it to work right. The wireless card is bad. Or you have the wrong driver.
    With Windows XP in three important to have though right wireless driver for a PCI card or a USB device that is meant for use as a 802-11 wireless whatchamacallit.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »
    Did this ever work? How new is this AT&T installation? Is there a wireless router in the house other than the 2Wire router? Hardware info could be helpful too.

jayjay27

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 11:05:26 AM »
      I have a desktop computer with WinXp Sp3. I have one computer and one 2Wire Router Modem. I have DSL but i'm supposed to have the wireless too and yes my dsl runs great when straight to the computer.