Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with Microsoft Word 2007 and Windows sidebar  (Read 2223 times)

mvogel

Problems with Microsoft Word 2007 and Windows sidebar
« on: April 26, 2010, 08:18:28 AM »
I am having trouble opening up documents from Word 2007. When I click on my word document it says docx it cant be found I need to retype and try again. Windows sidebar is always not responding. I have ran a full scan of my computer nothing comes up. Is there a correlation between the 2 programs? Also, when my windows sidebar doesnt come up either does my Firefox. I really need to be working on word documents at the moment so if I can get this fixed ill worry about the other later, if I can. So someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Problems with Microsoft Word 2007 and Windows sidebar
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 09:20:40 AM »
What type of scan are you referring to?  Tell us more about your computer, hardware specs (processor, amount of RAM, etc.), make and model.  What protection tools (virus, firewall, spyware) are you using? 

Do you have SP2 for Vista installed?  Do you have SP2 MSO (the Service Pack update for Office 2007) installed?

Were things working right until a recent time?  If so, did you make any changes to your system just before these problems started?