Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ad ware remover wows  (Read 2393 times)

two-dogs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Ad ware remover wows
    « on: April 25, 2010, 08:30:25 AM »
    Hey guys I sure hope I get some help with this..  I was surfing one day on FireFox and a popup that kept saying my virus program was infected, and every time I would try and launch it popup after popup would come up.  I did some research  and found out it was not a virus but it has to do with my settings in adobe, and I did a adware removal.  Now here is the problem I can not use my Incredimail    it keeps saying that can't connect to server.  I also can't connect to my internet explorer or my safari  browsers, however I do have my firefox.  I tried to do a restore but every date I pick comes back and says no changes made.  So if anybody knows what this might be I sure could use some help....thanks.......two-dogs

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru

aoptics

Starter

Re: Ad ware remover wows
      « Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 01:22:37 PM »
      Try downloading the free Malwarebytes.   Download the free version and run a quick scan.   If this detect anything follow the instructions and remove it.   Then reboot your computer in safe mode and run the full scan to make sure you get everything.   This has worked for me - I hope it does for you.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 01:23:30 PM »
      Please just follow the link in my post above and follow the instructions.

two-dogs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 09:00:47 PM »
        Thanks guy I figured out what had happened.  For some reason when I did a spy ware check it changed my internet explorer setup to use a proxy, so I unchecked that and checked the box for an automatic setup and all was back to normal...........thanks guys for your input ...........two-dogs