Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ALOT of programs I am useing are saying I'm not the Admin...??What the...?  (Read 6056 times)

tamra747

Topic Starter

Rookie

• TexasTammi
    I really don't understand.Alot of the time,when I'm doing certain things...like burning data,umm...useing things to search my computer for adaware,trojans,malware,etc....I often get a friggin pop-up saying that I have to "RE-START SEARCH UNDER THE ADMINISTRATOR"....well...what is THAT all about? "I" am the ONLY one useing this 8 month old Windows 7 computer,and I have no extra GUEST spots are anything of that nature....so I don't get it.How can I see why its saying that I'm useing my computer,but I am not the administrater(sp)...?
        Thanks in advance!!! ;-}
                              Tammi
    Not Perfect....but PTL,I'm Forgiven!"

marvinengland

Hopeful

How can I see why its saying that I'm using my computer,but I am not the administrator.?

I'm new to Win 7 and I have discovered that our login may indicate we have System Administrator privileges but many tasks require we become the System Administrator.

One way to assume the role of System Administrator is:

Click start, All Programs, right click the Command Prompt icon and choose the System Administrator role.

Good Luck
      p.s. I'm sure there are other methods
      USA

S1L3NTSN1P3R

Rookie

OK, you need to enable the admin account.

Go to start and type cmd. Right click on cmd (the result) and click Run as administrator (ironically). Click continue.
        Then type this command as it is typed (caps and everything):
        net users enable Administrator
        Then hit enter, log out and into the Admin account (the new one) and voila! There you go.

-S1L3NTSN1P3R-

P.S. If you are asked for a p/w I have another solution.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        the answer is pretty close to what Billrich said- start the program as an administrator (right-click and choose "Run as Administrator")
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

marvinengland

Hopeful

"I" am the ONLY one using this 8 month old Windows 7 computer. Why its saying that I'm using my computer,but I am not the administrator?"

Even though when your account was created and you were given Administrator Privileges, You must choose the role of System Administrator to run certain programs.

One method to choose the role of System Administrator is:

Click start, All Programs, Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and choose run as System Administrator.

( click image to enlarge. )

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]
          USA

S1L3NTSN1P3R

Rookie

No, but what I am trying to convey is you need to enable the admin account.

marvinengland

Hopeful

No, but what I am trying to convey is you need to enable the admin account.

net user administrator /active:yes
              USA