Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Speaker problem - No sound from one desktop speaker  (Read 2627 times)

geoheid

Topic Starter

Starter

Speaker problem - No sound from one desktop speaker
    « on: April 25, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »
    I have a Logitech Z 2300 2.1 speaker system.

I have no sound in one of the desktop speakers.

I have borrowed a friends Logitech Z 2300 2.1 speaker system – using the same wire/cable (his remote 'touch control' unit is defective)and experienced the same problem: 

One of the desktop speakers produces no sound.

Volume bars are balanced.

Malware/antivirus scans reveal no problem.

I purchased an adapter to plug a headset into a Creative SB Audigy 2 unit.

The result:

I receive sound through both ear pads of the head set; however, I continue to receive sound through only one of the speakers!

I would be most grateful for any assistance you might be able to provide me in addressing this problem.

Cordially
    geoheid

Some computer specs:

Custom built computer
    Windows XP Pro  Service Pack 3  Build 2600
    240 gigahertz Intel Core 2 duo
    2048 Megabytes installed memory
    P5K Deluxe motherboard  Wifi-AP edition
    Multimedia 
    Creative SB Audigy 2

truenorth

Guru

Re: Speaker problem - No sound from one desktop speaker
      « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »
      It very much sounds like a defective female jack receptacle on the "speaker/lineout" output. I assume that your results from the headset status was done from the headset/microphone jack as opposed to the "speaker" jack? If these are powered speakers you can try them in the headset output and at least determine if both speakers work. Alternatively you can also test your speakers on another computer to eliminate the possibility of a defective speaker.I don't know if your audio software provides for a left/right speaker mute if so you might check to ensure whichever side is not producing audio is NOT muted. I again assume this is a recent occurrence to something that had previously worked properly? Have you recently changed anything associated with the sound? Is your sound on-board or a standalone card?truenorth