Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lcd and Lcd inverter problems.. Please help!!!  (Read 2268 times)

baileysmum26

Lcd and Lcd inverter problems.. Please help!!!
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
So I have a Compaq Presario V5000 and I've been having problems with the lcd.. I bought a new inverter and it helped for a bit.. The only thing I noticed was every now and then the backlight would go out and I would have to close the laptop and then open it back up to get it to turn on.. It started doing that more frequently and then the other night it went out and I couldn't get it to turn back on.. The backlight that is.. You can see the screen is on but it's just not light up.. So I ordered another new inverter (the first one is only 2 months old..) and I just received it today.. I put it in and booted up the computer and everything was fine.. For about 10 mins.. Then the screen went out again and I can't get it to come back on.. Again it's just the backlight the actual screen is still on you can just barely see it because it's dark.. I should also mention that I replaced the entire lcd.. I bought a new screen and put that in 2 months ago with the first inverter.. I took out the new screen and stuck the old one in to check the inverter and to make sure it wasn't an issue with the new screen.. The old one wouldn't light up either and it did before so I know it's the inverter.. Basically what I want to know is, is it possible to get two inverters that are lemons?? The one that came today wasn't packaged very well at all! I purchased both from ebay and both stated that they were "brand new".. Is there something I'm not aware of when I'm putting the inverters in.. I was insanely careful with both.. Any help would be much appreciated, I'm going crazy!!