Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Un-Delete User Profile  (Read 2610 times)

Cbadcomputer21

Un-Delete User Profile
« on: May 01, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »
I have deleted my profile from my computer. I selected "keep files" before the last step. I click on the folder that was saved on the desktop. IT WAS EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!
 :'(

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Un-Delete User Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »
What files were you expecting it to keep? Where were they located before your deleted the profile?

Typically, the only files that option will keep are files located in the user profile folder before it deletes the folder. That folder is typically located in C:\Users\Username, where "Username" is your profile name. If the files were located anywhere else, they should still be there. You can try navigating to C:\Users\ and see what users are there and if your files are still there. You should also check C:\Users\Public and see if your files are there, too.

If you still can't find your files and think they might have been deleted, you can try something like Pandora Recovery and see if you can located and recovery the deleted files.

Aside from that, I'm not sure there's much else you can do.