Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista won't start - gpccxoue.sys malware error  (Read 3156 times)

otacon88

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Windows Vista won't start - gpccxoue.sys malware error
    « on: May 02, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »
    Hey guys i need a little help here. i was redirected here after finding out that my issue is a malware problem. everytime i start up my Windows Vista PC, i get an error saying that windows failed to start and it gies me the corrupted file as:

\Windows\System32\Drivers\gpccxoue.sys

Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

I had this error about 2 months ago, and used the windows vista CD to do a startup repair, and that fixed it. the same problem came back just yesterday, the CD isn't fixing it and everytime i try to start up my computer it gives the same error. I tried to system restore, and that didn't work either. I don't know how to post anit malware/superantispyware/hijackthis logs if i can't even boot up my PC? thanks for the help!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru

otacon88

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Windows Vista won't start - gpccxoue.sys malware error
      « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:11 AM »
      i have already read that...my computer won't boot up in any mode and i can't run any antispyware/antimalware software on it. it won't even start in safe mode and keeps giving me the same error....

is there anyway i can run an antispyware/antimalware through a USB or CD since my computer won't boot up in any mode?

AKRAM

Re: Windows Vista won't start - gpccxoue.sys malware error
      « Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 04:30:54 AM »
      i have already read that...my computer won't boot up in any mode and i can't run any antispyware/antimalware software on it. it won't even start in safe mode and keeps giving me the same error....

is there anyway i can run an antispyware/antimalware through a USB or CD since my computer won't boot up in any mode?