Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help - CAN'T GET RID OF Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro  (Read 3688 times)

monkajanik

Topic Starter

Help - CAN'T GET RID OF Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro
    « on: May 04, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »
    Hello, I'm asking for help with getting rid of my problem with laptop.
    First of all, sorry for any mistakes, I'm not English. Second of all, I'm not an IT mastermind, so please be patient.

OK, My trouble had started yesterday, when saw a weird antivirus software telling me my computer is infected. Also, Windows Defender found a virus "Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro", but Avira found nothing. After quick research I found that it was some scam, a virus that pretends to be an antivirus to make you buy some software. So, I tried a solution that was suggested on the site: restarted my computer in a safe mode with networking, disabled proxy in IE, downloaded Spyware Doctor and scanned the computer. Found some infected files and the Trojan and deleted it. I restarted the computer but the virus was still there so I repeated above step. Restarted the laptop again, scanned it in normal mode and once again deleted some crap. Restarded the computer but the virus seems to be still here, even though I keep deleting it. I'm really frustrated and have no idea what to do next.

My laptop is about 1,5 years old and that's the first time I had trouble with trojans, please help me, I'll really appreciate it...

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Help - CAN'T GET RID OF Trojan:Win32/FakeSpypro
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:34:37 PM »