Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 2779 times)

Nae689

Topic Starter

Help Please
    « on: May 03, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »
    Ok well a few days i got rid of 2 viruses (UserProtection,VistaSecrurity2010) before removing my windows vista changed to like something before XP. Afew days ago i lost sound, so i tried system restore and tried putting it back to factory setting but dont work, i try creating a restore point it fails, i try restoring to factory setting, FAILED..  i've been trying to remove/Re-install Realtek from program files and Programs and Hardware nothing works, and i cant use a restore disk cause my diskdrive wont open, someone help meh D:   - Thanks Naee.

mrrigga

Rookie
    • !!! Hi EVERYONE !!!
      Re: Help Please
      « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »
      Not a lot of information have you given Like! Is it a laptop or desktop or what you are trying to do.
      Assuming you are trying to change from Vista to XP and your computer is working (When you turn on it will enter BIOS  even if will not open windows.) First on your CD/DVD Drive you will find a small hole insert a straightend out paper clip into the hole and with a little pressure it will open. Load your recovery disk and run the program to repair or install a new windows installation Follow the instructions on the disk.
      Hope this will solve your problem

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru

Nae689

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »
        Im trying to restore my laptop to factory settings, but i have no disk and even if i had the disk the tray wont open, ive tried using 'F8' no luck there either.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 06:33:41 PM »
        Contact the laptop manuf. for them to ship you a restore CD...usually just the cost of shipping...
        However it sounds like you will be replacing the CD drive which will cost a bit more...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mrrigga

Rookie
        • !!! Hi EVERYONE !!!
          « Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »
          You are not reading your replys I told you how to open your optical drive (disk drive) borrow or buy a installation disk im sure a friend has one