Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Security Warning: Application cannot be executed.  (Read 2787 times)

charlenex3

Topic Starter

Security Warning: Application cannot be executed.
    « on: May 02, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »
    HELP! i have no idea what happened, but i got this crazy message saying:
    Security Warning
    Application cannot be executed. the file wscntfy.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?

and i also have like 76874641354684 little popup balloons saying the same thing.

there's also something that says:
    Antivirus software alert
    Infiltration Alert       Virus Attack
    You computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan - dropper or similar.
    Details
    Attack from : 137.60.215.196 port 7624
    Attacker port: 38195
    Threat: BankerFox.A
    Do you want to block this attack?

it also keeps opening sites through internet explorer every few minutes.
    i don't use internet explorer though. i use google chrome, but when i try to open google chrome it doesn't open. so i've resorted to using mozilla firefox.

i tried to do a print screen to show all the popup messages, but something won't let me open paint to paste the picture.

i tried to run CCleaner but it wouldn't let me.
    right now, i'm running avast! antivirus which is my sad attempt at trying to stop whatever this is.

i have no idea how this happened. i just started my laptop and this popped up out of nowhere.
    please help. and thanks in advance.
    « Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:00:00 PM by charlenex3 »

Quakky

Beginner

Re: Security Warning: Application cannot be executed.
      « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:08:52 AM »
      Okay what you have is a spyware/malware on your pc that is giving out these "Antivirus" warning messages. those messages are obviously fake and same with the attacks.

I had the same exact issue. what you need to do is go to the viruses/spyware section of this forum and read up there.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

I had the same exact thing on my pc.  I fixed the issue by reading on that section of the forums

The way i fixed this issue is by booting into another windows on the same pc, but I doubt you have that option, therefore you need to dig deeper than I did

Good luck

charlenex3

Topic Starter

Re: Security Warning: Application cannot be executed.
        « Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:12:10 AM »
        thank you!

my brother actually ghosted my computer after reformatting it so he just loaded the ghosted system.

no more virus/malware/spyware.