Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WINDOWS UN-INSTALL NEED HELP?  (Read 2115 times)

MARYBOO

Topic Starter

Beginner
    WINDOWS UN-INSTALL NEED HELP?
    « on: April 30, 2010, 10:41:29 PM »
    i have windows xp. i turn it on the other day and a black screen can up it said NTLDR is missing. what is NTLDR how do i get it back. and if i can't get it back what do i do. my old men try it still don't work . he want to no how to un-intall window. :o ???
    Mary

always

Rookie

Re: WINDOWS UN-INSTALL NEED HELP?
      « Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 01:11:58 AM »
      I do not know much about these things but went on Google and entered NTLDR, got the following link which may help.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/ntldrmissingxp.htm

Xpress

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 05:20:02 AM »
        NTLDR is a system's file that the computer needs to boot up.
        This file is usually hidden in your windows directory. You will need to make a startup disk and boot up your computer with it then copy the ntldr file back to the windows directory

midsail

Hopeful
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »
          Try this:
           U could also try fixing the present Win. Boot from the Win CD and do like if u were going to a install. DO NOT USE THE REFORMAT OPTION. Just follow instructions and it will get to a fix this install option. Choose this option and like it run. It will take about 30 mins for this fix. Write back and let us know?
          PS do not use the manufacturers (emachine) CD. It has to be a Win CD SP2 or SP3.