Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can SuperAntispyware run all t he time?  (Read 2400 times)

Bobh

Can SuperAntispyware run all t he time?
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:44:45 AM »
Hi -
I have Vista Home Basic  32 bit.  I have Avast Anti Virus which runs all the time and keeps virus out of my computer (at least I have never had one that I know of).  I have SuperAntispyware listed as one of my programs.  As far as I know I have to run it to get rid of spyware.  Is there a way for it to run all the time so that spyware will be kept out of my computer as avast Antivirus does for virus?  I hope I have made clear what I want to do. 
Thanks for your time.   Bob

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Can SuperAntispyware run all t he time?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:54:26 AM »
Yes, but only the paid version can run resident. Although I have the paid version I do not keep it resdident - I only run it once a month (along with MalwareBytes) to scan. I keep my AV (Kaspersky) resident at all times.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:51:42 PM »
Keep an eye out for evilfantasy....sometimes he raffles a lifetime key for the pro version. ;)
He hasn't had one with a while though.

Bobh

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »
Allan -
Thank you for your reply.  I  have the professional SuperAntispyware which I run about once a week.  I general get 100 plus tracking cookies.  I guess I am doing OK but I was just checking.   Thanks   Bob 

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 02:27:08 PM »
You're welcome Bob. And I'm not saying you should not keep it resident, just that I don't feel the need to do so.