Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Rebooting Error, Please Help!!!  (Read 2640 times)

Robert Rettelle

Rebooting Error, Please Help!!!
« on: June 14, 2004, 07:10:46 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Here's what happened. I was online, then closed out the window and my computer froze. So naturally I hit ctrl/alt/delete keys and nothing happened. So I hit it again about 3 more times and my computer restarts, only it instead of restarting normally, I get 1 long beep and 2 short beeps and my computer doesn't come on. So after a little research it looks like I'm not passing the POST, and it may have something to do with a video component? How do I get past this?!? Any help would be appreciated.  ;D

Thanks in advance.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Rebooting Error, Please Help!!!
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 07:35:04 PM »
    Robert .....1 long and 2 short beeps would indicate a vid problem.....try uninstalling your vid card .......remove it from mother board and then replace it and its drivers as well ( make sure the power is off when you remove the card and you be sure to touch a unpainted part of the case to remove the possiblity of a static spike.)

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Robert Rettelle

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 08:42:43 PM »
    I will give it a try. So just remove the card, replace it, and then my computer should come on and I can re-install the drivers correct? (I'm not much of a computer wiz unfortunatly). Get back to me plz!!! I appreciate the help.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »
      robert ......yes just go ahead and remover the card......and reboot.....it shouldnt come up .......then shut down ......plug the card back in ( make sure its seated properly ) and startup again .......
      One more thing ....do you have a good updated anti virus program installed ?
      let us know how you make out

dl65  ???
      « Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 08:50:29 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Robert Rettelle

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 07:49:54 PM »
      Everything worked great!!! I really appreciate all your help...and really glad I found your web site. It's a lifesaver :D Keep it going!!