Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error message " host process rundl32 not working pops up repeatedly  (Read 2467 times)

btrinity10

This message keeps on popping up every time i turn on the computer. The computer that I'm using already has a internet security software installed and it says the computer is protected.  So what is the problem and how do i fix this in a simple way ?

i have tried to get support through many sites and it didn't work out well. So I'm here to ask if any of you can help me out in a short and easy way to end this problem.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced

pcs365_2

Beginner

Hi,

Please follow these instructions to check which software is causing this issue:

1. Click on Pearl (Start Button), in the serach box type:

msconfig

and hit the enter key on the keyboard. It should open the System Configuration Utility window.

2. Click on Services over the top and then at the bottom right corner, put  a check in the "Hide all Microsoft services" checkbox.

3. Click on "Disable All" button.

4. Click on "Startup" tab, and then click on "Disable All" button again.

5. Press OK button and then "Restart" button on the following window. Let the computer restart.

6. Once you're back on the desktop, you'd get a window for System Configuration Utility. Put a check in the box "Don't Show....." and then press OK button.

7. Now, once again check the issue. If the issue is resolved, open System Configuration Windows again and then enable all the services from Services tab and then check the issue after restarting the computer in the same way as mentioned above.

8. If issue is still resolved, enable half of the Startup items from Startup tab and then check issue.

9. If issue occurs again, it means, there's a culprit in the checked startup items. But if issue doesn't occur, then issue could be with rest of the Startup items. Now, uncheck the first half startup items (that were check before), and then check rest of the half items. Check the issue again.......

10. Now, if the issue occurs, then make a note of all the names of the startup items and then follow the same procedure, for them. Now, you need to be careful, as by design the System Configuration will sort all the enable startup items to the top. So, it means all the entries would be mixed on next reboot. From now on you need to make a note of all the entries that you're enabling or disabling........
    PCS365.2
    Bangalore.