Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop screen very dark and faint images  (Read 3560 times)

sunnysky

Topic Starter

Rookie

laptop screen very dark and faint images
    « on: May 08, 2010, 08:58:41 PM »
    After I spilled water on my relatively new laptop several days ago, I thought killed my computer and was about to suffer major depression. Each time I tried booting it, the power light and cpu light would come on, but the screen was black. Today, interestingly, I discovered the screen some very faint images, even though it was still almost black. I shone a lamp close to the screen and I was able to see slightly better--I was able to click around, log in, and access files as normal. I also attached an external monitor, which worked. My files and stuff are all there!

So my comp is not dead! But...what should I do about the dark screen? I did some research and the 2 causes of dark screens are: broken inverter and broken CFFL bulb. Which one do you think is broken in my case? Is it difficult and costly to repair in a shop? Do you think I can repair it myself, without putting myself--or the computer--in too much danger? (I've next to no experience dealing with computer hardware and stuff, but I'm willing to learn).

Thanks for any help!

funnyman_123

Rookie

Re: laptop screen very dark and faint images
      « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 10:01:31 PM »
      Yes the Blup which is there on the corner of the LCD Screen are gone Bad
      dont try to do any troubleshooting for that blubs as they are very small & minute.
      this can cause the damage to your LCD Screen also

Tell me which company Laptop u are using

sunnysky

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 10:25:20 PM »
        so I guess it needs to be repaired :(

btw it's a sony vaio laptop, < 1 yr old...how serious is this problem? :(

Quantos

Guru
        • Veni, Vidi, Vici
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 10:27:54 PM »
        Yes the Blup which is there on the corner of the LCD Screen are gone Bad
        dont try to do any troubleshooting for that blubs as they are very small & minute.
        this can cause the damage to your LCD Screen also
        ??? ??? ???

Sunnysky, I think you still have moisture inside the laptop.  I would recommend just letting it dry out and see if the problem persists.  There may be a chance that something is damaged, but it's less expensive to play the waiting game at this point.
        Evil is an exact science.

funnyman_123

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 04:29:51 AM »
          Yes you can wait for sometime..
          but yes one more thing, if it has some moisture it can damage other parts as well, so please think