Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can you suggest a mid range video card to replace Radeon x600  (Read 2926 times)

Tisroc

Topic Starter

I have a Dell Dimension 9150 with 1.00GB of ram and a Pentium 4 cpu 3.00. It has a Radeon x600 graphics card and I would like to upgrade the card so as I will be able to play some of the newer games such as Fallout3. I'm told if I get a new card I would also need more memory as well but if it means doing lots of technical stuff, I think I’d need to think about buying a new computer or forgetting about the games.  I only occasionally play games so I don't want to pay a fortune for a card but I would like to play some of the newer games if that’s possible. If it's reasonably easy to fit a video card and perhaps some memory I think I could handle that because I looked at Tony's 'how to install a video card' but if it's more technical than that I would have to reconsider. I would be grateful for any help.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Can you suggest a mid range video card to replace Radeon x600
    « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »
    you do not need to have more memory (ram sticks) to use your card. You have a radeon x600 graphics card. Do you care if you are using nvidia or ati graphics cards and what is your estimated budget you're willing to spend?

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
    Ya we need a budget.  It also seems that you have a pcie x16 slot, so you should be good for all newer cards.  Well, bedsides your power supply.  If you get anything too power hungry your power supply will not be happy.

Tisroc

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 07:31:11 AM »
      Thanks for that. About £50.