Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: All programs open with internet explorer  (Read 4818 times)

Restricted

All programs open with internet explorer
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:14:50 AM »
Hi, Today I went to the start menu in windows 7 to look for a .docx file. I found the file and clicked on it, I think that the file had already been deleted from my computer and this must have been a dead shortcut or something of the sort. Anyways, when I clicked on it, I was asked if I would like the computer to automatically browse the web and find the most suitable program to open the document with, or, if I would like to choose a program myself. As it was a .Docx program, I decided to manually choose top open it with MWord. Before I knoew it, all programs on my desktop and in the start menu started opening with MWord. I got frantic and couldn't rectify the problem. I right clicked on the icon which used to be iexplorer (but was now showing an MWord icon) and clicked "open with" and then clicked on the iexplore icon. Now every program displays the iexplorer icon and nothing on my computer can open. Please please please help.

Thanking you in advance.

marvinengland

Hopeful

USA