Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Good news for customers  (Read 5524 times)

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Good news for customers
« on: July 15, 2005, 09:31:11 AM »
Hey! Well, I read in the paper today that companies who make printers such as Dell, HP, Lexmark, etc. Are now going to be lowering their prices for competition reasons, so you shoudl notice a refreshing drop in prices for printers now! Now... Word has it that HP constantly comes out with the latest technology faster than the other companies... So if you want the freshest technolgy, I coudl see how HP would be your option  ;D

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

Re: Good news for customers
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 10:28:36 AM »
Not sure about where you live but in the uk,its cheaper to dump a printer when the ink runs out, then buying the carts for it.... :)

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 03:31:40 PM »
    It's getting like that here in Oz Merlin, quite amazing.
    I still can't bring myself to dump a perfectly good printer though.
    I never use the colour cartridges, I replace them with the big fat black ones. (Canon)

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 03:49:35 PM »
    Not sure about where you live but in the uk,its cheaper to dump a printer when the ink runs out, then buying the carts for it.... :)

Then people should stop buying the cartridges that are not recycled. There are cartridges available that are refilled and they are often cheaper than brand new cartidges.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 06:58:35 PM »
    Twenty-nine quid<english pounds> new printer with two carts b/w colour....with it?  and another con.epson carts/hp hold less....than lexmark....the final option is....pen to paper....that old anit it:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Refills that seldom work......16quid b /w........colour 19 quid....recommended by which uk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    refill set that is messy and that is rubbish as well 10 quid b/w.... all tested on quality paper....not the cheepo stuff.......verdict buy a new printer.......so now with recycle the printer........greed and praying on people lack of knowledge.......lets strip em////con em

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 06:26:31 AM »
    We pay less for the refilled cartridges than we do for a new printer.

ZCA81

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 08:19:25 AM »
    I need a new printer, for everyday stuff like printing pictures and text. What should I get for less than £100?

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 12:15:18 PM »
    Well, prices in MOST places are lowering, however, a great brand is HP... Rather than playing the same game *censored* everyone else and lowering their prices, HP improves their technology... Reliable... I just bought one yesterday actually  ;D  About 80 dollars. Maybe less depending on where you shop...

[glb]Flame[/glb]