Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: msls51.dll error help required  (Read 3711 times)

imgreat

Topic Starter

Starter

msls51.dll error help required
    « on: May 28, 2010, 06:39:47 PM »
    Hi I have a HP laptop with Windows XP installed. I have McAfee installed along with Malware bytes on the system. Recently malwarebytes had found a few trojan and malicious software which were quarantined (this list also included the msls51.dll file which was quarantined). Yesterday after a restart I encountered a few error messages:
    "lsass.exe - Unable to run Component
    The application has failed to start because msls51.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

the most frequent message which pops up is "msls51.dll was not found"
    I also get another message before the desktop background appears which is " userinit.exe - Unable to run Component".

I only get the background appearing (no toolbar, no desktop icons) once windows starts and that's it.
    I can access the task manager through ctrl+alt+del and try and run tasks through it. I tried running Ccleaner but it does not allow me to run it. I also tried downloading Superantispyware but it does not seem to load in the normal mode. havent tried it in safe mode though. I tried downloading Combofix and installing it in safemode but the system has got hung up.

I have tried to do a system restore to a previous date using task manager but that doesnt seem to work. i have also tried to run malwarebytes and spybot in safemode but they dont seem to clean up my laptop.

I hope yopu can help me clean up my system as I dont want to reformat my disk and reload everything back.
    Thanks in advance for the help

imgreat

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: msls51.dll error help required
      « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:52:45 AM »
      Hi I have a HP laptop with Windows XP installed. I have McAfee installed along with Malware bytes on the system. Recently malwarebytes had found a few trojan and malicious software which were quarantined (this list also included the msls51.dll file which was quarantined). Yesterday after a restart I encountered a few error messages:
      The application has failed to start because msls51.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I also get another message before the desktop background appears which is " userinit.exe - Unable to run Component".

I only get the background appearing (no toolbar, no desktop icons) once windows starts and that's it.
      I can access the task manager through ctrl+alt+del and try and run tasks through it. I tried running Ccleaner but it does not allow me to run it. I also tried downloading Superantispyware but it does not seem to load in the normal mode. havent tried it in safe mode though. I tried downloading Combofix and installing it in safemode but the system has got hung up.

I have tried to do a system restore to a previous date using task manager but that doesnt seem to work. i have also tried to run malwarebytes and spybot in safemode but they dont seem to clean up my laptop.

I hope yopu can help me clean up my system as I dont want to reformat my disk and reload everything back.

Hi I have included the Malware bytes Log along with HijackThis log.
      I can't get Superantispyware to install and run in normal mode. Will try again in safe mode. I cant get Combofi also to run in either safe mode or normal mode. any help from anyone would be appreciated.

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]