Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: grabngomultimedia player  (Read 3682 times)

roylathwell

Topic Starter

Starter

grabngomultimedia player
    « on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:05 PM »
    bought a new grabngomediaplayer (conceptronic).  have windows xp, there is no software included, windows does not recognise the hardware. says there is a malfunction on your usb devise. the device works perfectly on another computer.

truenorth

Guru

Re: grabngomultimedia player
      « Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 03:58:49 PM »
      Have you tried other USB ports? Do other devices work from that port? Usually rear USB ports work better than front ones (assuming we are dealing with a desktop computer here).truenorth

roylathwell

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 06:39:47 AM »
        I found a software detective on the web , very handy!!, this located the re comended software and it worked fine ....It's a dell desk top I am using with windows xp and you are right the back usb ports are better than the front ones for some reason........Thanks again

Quantos

Guru
        • Veni, Vidi, Vici
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:20:23 AM »
        I found a software detective on the web , very handy!!, this located the re comended software and it worked fine ....It's a dell desk top I am using with windows xp and you are right the back usb ports are better than the front ones for some reason........Thanks again
        Yeah, don't use driver management software to update your drivers(why do people insist that it's a good idea to pay for something that's free?).  Do it manually, and remember that the latest driver is not always the greatest driver.  Most drivers are updated to solve very specific problems, so unless the driver is causing issues then you don't need to update it.
        Evil is an exact science.