Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A Keyboard issue  (Read 2649 times)

darkcrab

Topic Starter

A Keyboard issue
    « on: May 20, 2010, 04:09:01 AM »
    ok im preety good with computers, but keyboards not so much.  Whenever I hit the shift, ctrl or alt key it makes a darn beep.  They arent stuck, as in by dirt or hair or anything as no other key does this.

i could stand a little beeping, the issue is that it makes the key not work all the time, and for some reason i cant find the keyboard settings to check sticky key options and the sort.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

frankken2

Rookie

Re: A Keyboard issue
      « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 04:51:43 AM »
      StickyKeys allows the user to press a modifier key, such as Shift, Ctrl, Alt, or the Windows key, and have it remain active until another key is pressed.
      Turn on Sticky Keys by pressing ALT+R.

darkcrab

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 06:21:58 AM »
        that doesnt work..all hitting alt does is make that same people, left or right ALT/ctrl or shift key.

i need a way to get to keyboard settings and see if theres a way to fix this, if anyone knows what to fix id be really greateful, thanks.

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 06:25:29 AM »
        Go to Control Panel - Keyboard

computerhelpmaryland

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 07:24:57 AM »
          Have you tried to unplug and plug back in? If this doesn't work, shutdown computer, unplug keyboard the plug in then turn on computer. If still does not work, you may need a new keyboard.

Quantos

Guru
          • Veni, Vidi, Vici
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 07:46:26 AM »
          Have you tried to unplug and plug back in? If this doesn't work, shutdown computer, unplug keyboard the plug in then turn on computer. If still does not work, you may need a new keyboard.
          Don't do that with a PS2 keyboard, always shut the computer down first before plugging or unplugging any PS2 device.
          Evil is an exact science.