Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why is the HDD Drive and cd drive not detected by bios?  (Read 2027 times)

spitwats

Why is the HDD Drive and cd drive not detected by bios?
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:13:01 PM »
one day out of the blue my acer aspire 5532 started to boot from a network and would not boot at all...I looked at the boot order and everything seemed fine, then I noticed that in general bios info the hdd drive was not detected it would say "none" so I figured that it would need an update, so apparently i did have an update available so I successfully updated from ati 1.07 to ati 1.09, unfortunately it did not fix the hdd and cd drive problems it still tries to boot from a network and fails, I have tried disabling Network boot and it just says no boot device found please restart system...I know that my hdd drive and cd drive work because I can hear the hdd drive spinning and the cd drive opens and closes just fine, Help Please!!

Salmon Trout

Re: Why is the HDD Drive and cd drive not detected by bios?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:09:08 AM »
I know that my hdd drive and cd drive work because I can hear the hdd drive spinning and the cd drive opens and closes just fine, Help Please!!

That does not prove that they work. Take this laptop to a repair shop.