Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor trouble  (Read 2357 times)

obryen

monitor trouble
« on: July 16, 2005, 01:22:21 AM »
I have an emachines monitor with a Dell computer.  The monitor was just fine with the original emachines, but with the Dell, if I try to go to the resolution 640x480 or lower, all the screen fitting options go out of whack.  Suddenly the top of the screen is wider than the bottom, the middle is too skinny, some of the screen is cut off, etc.  I tried adjusting it with the monitor controls and nothing changes.  Everything is fine on higher resolutions, but 640x480 or lower is screwed up.  I need to be able to use 640x480 to play older games.  My video card is a GeForce FX 5200.  Any suggestions?

obryen

Re: monitor trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 02:19:33 AM »
Addendum to that.  It's actually 800x600 that isn't working, but everything else seems fine, although 640x480 gets screwed up a bit, but is fixable.  But 800x600 is really screwed up.  It occurred to me that it might help if I could get the driver for this specific monitor, but I can't seem to find it.  I have an emachines 17p CRT monitor.  If anyone knows where I can find the driver, that'd be great.  And it's not on the emachines site, I checked.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: monitor trouble
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 07:12:16 AM »
Have you installed the drivers for the monitor? Have you tried running a Windows Update?

[glb]Flame[/glb]