Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Wireless  (Read 2170 times)

spock

Topic Starter

Intermediate

MS Wireless
    « on: May 19, 2010, 05:50:29 AM »
    I recently purchased a MS wireless keyboard and mouse and it works great except for one minor thing:
    the scroll wheel is a little too sensitive for my taste. Is there anyway to make it less sensitive?
    "It's always something!"-Gilda Radner

ultimatum

Intermediate
      Re: MS Wireless
      « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 11:47:24 AM »
      You can decrease the scroll speed of the mouse in control panel. Not sure and someone will probably correct me, but I think you can't change physical condition of the mouse. If the wheel was made to be sensitive.
      Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 11:57:33 AM »
      You're right.  The thing you can change is how many lines it scrolls/wheel detent.

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:57:54 AM »
      You can decrease the scroll speed of the mouse in control panel. Not sure and someone will probably correct me, but I think you can't change physical condition of the mouse. If the wheel was made to be sensitive.

This seems to me to be more ergonomics rather than technology. Just scroll the wheel slow to move slow whilst scrolling, and go *censored* to leather when in a rush.

spock

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 07:54:56 PM »
        I just put some tape over the scroll wheel to keep me from using it. There is usually a scroll bar on the side of a page, and I'll just use it instead.
        "It's always something!"-Gilda Radner

frankken2

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 10:56:35 PM »
          M S wireless working is good.i know much information about M S wireless,give me such information.thank you

frankken2

Rookie

MicroSoft Wireless
            « Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 01:13:22 AM »
            Wireless is used to telecommunications in it is used electromagnetic waves carry the signal over part or all of the communication path.i.e source to destination. Some monitoring devices,employ acoustic waves at frequencies above the range of human hearing.....

thank you...

soybean

Genius
            • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 07:56:14 AM »
            I just put some tape over the scroll wheel to keep me from using it. There is usually a scroll bar on the side of a page, and I'll just use it instead.
            There's really no reason not to use the scroll.  As previously mentioned in another reply, scroll speed can be adjusted. 

You're right.  The thing you can change is how many lines it scrolls/wheel detent.

You were given some info on how to adjust.  So, why in the world would you put tape on the wheel to keep from using it?  Sorry, but that's just not a very bright idea.