Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: installing bitdefender on winXP problem  (Read 2458 times)

patolndlx3

Topic Starter

Rookie

installing bitdefender on winXP problem
    « on: May 22, 2010, 05:59:37 PM »
    hello, i have a dell latitude 110L laptop. it can  and is connected to internet BUT I CANT open web page. My instructor told me it could be virus or spyware and to boot up in safe mode and disable all services and try installing virus protection. sounded easy but when i put the disk in and hit install it goes thru the process and at the end it comes back with a message " The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" BUT i am the admin of my laptop. soo i tried to browse disk and run a scan from the CD that also will not work comes back with a internal error and it seems to think i am not the admin. Well i googled the error and read to go into control panel and acount policies and change things there also i was told to disabled something in group policy hit enforcement and blah blah lol well im wondering if anyone has had similiar problem and can help me. 

patolndlx3

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: installing bitdefender on winXP problem
      « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
      i thought since my problem in on my laptop that has windows XP installed that would mean i post under windows xp, am i mistaken? hoppefully not. lmk plz