Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: faulting module renddx9.dll  (Read 2813 times)

darkslayer54

Topic Starter

faulting module renddx9.dll
    « on: May 24, 2010, 07:45:44 PM »
    I'm running Windows XP through Virtualbox, and i've had numerous problems preventing me from playing games. My current issue, and hopefully the last is my messed up DirectX.
    This is my problem

I've tried to re-install DirectX but it didn't fix the problem, what can i do?

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: faulting module renddx9.dll
      « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 09:13:10 AM »
      Short answer/tl;dr version: Virtual Machines + Games = bad bad idea (usually).

Longer answer: 3D support in a virtual machine is flaky at best.  They tend to emulate older graphics hardware through software, and (usually) can't communicate with the host's video card directly.  Older games may work, but don't try to play Crysis or anything like that through a virtual machine. 

This is also a reason why VMs running Windows Vista or 7 can't run Aero. 

With all that being said, you can try downloading the latest DirectX updates and installing them, but don't hope for any miracles. 

Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

darkslayer54

Topic Starter

Re: faulting module renddx9.dll
        « Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:21:15 PM »
        Oh, bummer. I guess the only real fix would be to install the real deal.
        I guess i could just install Windows XP as a dual boot and use it for gaming... Thanks for the response, I'm glad i know the reason now.