Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Restarted Computer- Have internet connection but can't browse  (Read 2664 times)

drjohnson89

Topic Starter

Hello. I am running Windows 7. I am hardwire connected to a switch. I've had brief problems with this computer connection after installing windows updates before, but they were usually solved after a simple command prompt ipconfig release and ipconfig renew. This morning I was on my internet, browsing etc as usual. I turned off my computer before class and went on my merry way. After turning on my computer a bit ago, I am connected to the internet (according to the logo in the lower right), but upon clicking on firefox or IE, I receive a message saying, "The Broadband Link is Currently Not Available". I haven't recently installed any norton trials etc (I read those can cause problems such as this), and I didn't authorize any windows updates before turning off my computer either. I am running MicroSoft Security Essentials if that helps at all. Also, two other laptops are hardwired on my network and are working just fine. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks again!

troublesome86

Rookie

Re: Restarted Computer- Have internet connection but can't browse
      « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:42:12 AM »
      try system restore to a date before the win update and check for the update u need b4 u continue.

l8rs

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:52:01 AM »
      Can you ping on the system?

drjohnson89

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 11:05:41 AM »
        Thanks for the replies! I forgot the close the topic! It turns out that someone in my apartment complex had a router plugged in backwards, so it was trying to hand out new IP addresses to everyone in the complex (including me) and was throwing off my internet! Thanks again!