Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple shutdown problem, please help!  (Read 2869 times)

collenga

Multiple shutdown problem, please help!
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:58:01 AM »
My laptop keeps shutting down for some reason. It is usually after I've been online and playing a facebook game for 5 minutes and I keep getting a message that multiple computer shut downs could result from trouble with the update I've received from Trend Micro. I tried to restore my computer to an earlier point but this did not fix the problem. I've also ran the Speedfan program and that hasn't helped either...... Help!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Multiple shutdown problem, please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:19:32 AM »
What were your temps listed at with Speedfan ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kristain

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16:38 PM »
    I had the same problem, when I was turn it on after loading automaticaly it was shutting down until I run the usb driver program from samsung cd and reinstalled the software.

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 11:06:07 AM »
    And also when the laptop shuts down, do you get a blue screen or does the laptop just shut off with no warning? Or do you get a screen that looks like multicoloured pixels? If the laptop suddenly just shuts off with no warning, then speedfan may not be able to help as it will take a mean temp from the time performed, obviously not when the problem occurs.

But as Patio is hinting at with speedfan you may have a temp problem. How old is the laptop? Have you ever cleaned it out internally? (Not recommended if you don't know what your doing)
    I had similar problems with mine and it was a heat problem, but more info will help us give you a clearer diagnosis.
    Good luck and welcome to computer Hope.  ;)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 04:39:35 PM »
    I had the same problem, when I was turn it on after loading automaticaly it was shutting down until I run the usb driver program from samsung cd and reinstalled the software.

This is probably not the solution...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mulreay

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 04:53:36 PM »
    This is probably not the solution...
    Agreed