Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problem with minimizing game..  (Read 2809 times)

Ryan.volker

Topic Starter

Rookie
    problem with minimizing game..
    « on: May 31, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »
    so whenever im playing WoW (world of warcraft), and i minimize it to, change song, look up quest, etc. I cant get it back up.. it stops responding. I have no clue why this would happen, so a response would be greatly appreciated   :D Thanks in advance, ryan
    Im on the elevator of life.. Just trying to get to the top, but some as*hol* had to push all the freakin' buttons.

Mulreay

Re: problem with minimizing game..
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:39:56 AM »
    I have had the same issue. Basically there is a background process conflicting with the WoW application. Check your apps with ctrl-shift-esc and see what is there that no longer needs to run e.g IE, Firefox or some other program..
    It is stalling because something else is taking up memory.

Ryan.volker

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
      on the task manager, the only thing that would be running is WoW, its WoW and chrome right now cause im on this, which means im going to have to restart WoW cause its not gonna be able to maximize. but wow is usually the only thing that i ahve running, unless you think i should start ending processes under the Processes tab.. idk
      Im on the elevator of life.. Just trying to get to the top, but some as*hol* had to push all the freakin' buttons.

UNSCSpartan3

Beginner

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 11:12:10 PM »
      Try alt tab ing back into it

+Asking

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 05:48:15 AM »
      This happens to me on Vista. It may be your operating system failing to pull it back up or the game dosnt have that ability.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:47:49 PM »
      This happens to me on Vista. It may be your operating system failing to pull it back up or the game dosnt have that ability.

WoW does have that ability, as I do it all the time with no issues on both my XP desktop and Vista laptop. Most likely, something else is interfering but it is impossible to say without knowing what processes are running.

UNSCSpartan3

Beginner

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 08:39:37 AM »
      Hummm...