Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse not working  (Read 2106 times)

devil0150

Topic Starter

Beginner

Mouse not working
    « on: June 19, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »
    My mouse is not working. I was downloading  FL Studio 8 when my mouse stopped moving. Everything else was fine, keyboard was ok and the software continued downloading. I restarted my pc and the mouse started working. The next day the same problem. While working, mouse stopped. Then for two or three days the mouse worked around 5 or 10 min when i turned my pc on but then stopped and i had to use the keyboard. I went to Control Panel, mouse properties, hardware and it was nothing in the "Devices". I tried my mouse at my neighbour's pc and it worked and the red light is still turned on. So I guess it still works and i don't have to replace it. What should i do?
    I forgot to mention but sometimes, very rarely, my keyboard doesn't work either. I push buttons and stuff, try the Num Lock and it doesn't work, I wait about 20 seconds and the keyboard turns back to normal, and all the buttons i pushed so their thing, even if it's late. I didn't install any hardware lately. I am on a Windows XP (sp3 or sp2 i dont know exactly).

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Mouse not working
    « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 09:16:18 AM »
    Batteries getting low?

devil0150

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 09:37:17 AM »
      I don't know how to check that.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »
      I have a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo.  The Logitech software alerts me when either the keyboard or mouse batteries are low.  If your software does not tell you the condition of your batteries, you would simply need to replace batteries to determine whether that was the problem.

What brand and model mouse and keyboard do you have?  Did you install software that came with them or from the manufacturer's website?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »
      You're in a thread from last year. You need to start a new thread with your problem. And there's no way to "delete mouse" from the command prompt.